Sunday, April 19, 2009

Robbed...

So last night both myself and Mike Call (the man behind Momentum Video Magazine) had our rooms in the Rock'n Grill in Yangshuo broken into by young theives I have dubbed the 'Teenage Rooftop Ninja Muthafuckers'.
In a VERY bold operation they got into the abandoned hotel next door and used a plank or ladder to span the gap from the abandoned hotels 3rd floor balconies to the rooftop outside our windows, crossed the gap infront of a busy street 3 floors in the air, then broke into out rooms through the windows stealing my laptop, mobile phone and cash and Mike's laptop, Ipod and a HD Video camera.
We thought my passports had been stolen but they have been recovered but not any of the rest of our equipment.
My blogging and photo's may be a little less frequent now, but I will try my best to keep stuff going up on here for everyone.
We are all fine, albeit a little bit angry at the situation, but we are trying to keep our spirits about it up.
More news soon.

2 comments:

Sara Lingafelter said...

Wow, that SUCKS. Glad you guys are okay, and that the passports at least were recovered...

Duncan said...

Thanks Sara, yeah, it sucks, but as you said getting the passports back saved me a MASSIVE headache. Ces't la vie I guess :)