Saturday, March 1, 2008

Comps, gyms and weekend happenings

Last weekend I headed up to the first round of the NSW Bouldering Series... I went in B Grade and had a ripper of a time bouldering with a heap of mates, old and new :)
The Open finals were great fun to watch with a tight battle between Marc Edwards and Chris Webb, with Chris just managing to pip Marc at the post... great to watch all the guys and gals on the finals problems :)
Went for a surf on the sunday.. but I am still such a terrible surfer that I got hammered the entire time and didn't catch a single wave haha

It looks like the new climbing gym here in Canberra is coming along well... its being built in Hume and should be opening march or april... and it looks like it will be a cool gym, the design ideas are well cool... keen as for a new training venue close to home!

Well, I'm off... going to clean my car and then head out for a boulder at Pierces Creek... might put a bit of work into 'Public Enemy' at the Playboy Mansion.. we'll see...

Here is a pic of Chris on one of the finals problems.. enjoy :)

No comments: