Monday, August 17, 2009

17.08.09

After my first apprehensions about Europe my fears of not really enjoying it here have been well and truely negated. After having a great time in Salzburg including a nice day of sports climbing at a great little limestone crag called Plomberg, Nina and I headed West on our way to Switzerland. We stopped off for a night in The Zillertal Valley where I went for a boulder at Kaseler Alm. Then it was through Innsbruck and into Switzerland. Arriving at Magic Wood I set up my nice little tent that I bought and settled in to the camp. All the crew arrived by the next day and with Nina, myself, the Slovenian Crew , Lily, Jon, Bernie and more it was an amazing few weeks of bouldering in the forest. Magic wood is amazing, it is a beautiful alpine valley with a glacial river and pretty pine and blueberry forests full of amazing gneiss boulders, truely and amzing place. The bouldering was spectacular, the scenery amazing, the people fantastic.... good times!Then two days ago it was trains and buses from the Swiss Alps all the way to the south of France! Sophie picked me up at the Avignon train station and drove me out to their beautiful family home near Sablet in the Provence region... rolling hills of vineyards and olive groves, pretty old villages and their house is a beuatiful renovated old home one a hill with a massive pool with a diving board with stunning views of the farms and cliffs around us. Plus it is over 35 degrees and clear blue skys... a true mediteranean summer... so its beer, wine, cheese, baguettes, pate and hordes of pretty girls in bikinis by the pool for the next week... I love my life!
The campsite view in the Zillertal

Me bouldering in Kaseler Alm, Zillertal


MAGIC WOOD!!!

The MW Crew... much love :)

Me bouldering in Magic Wood

Do YOU highball??? Bernie in MW

Tobi and Nina, classic 6C in MW

No comments: