Monday, November 15, 2010

The return to Ha Long Bay, Vietnam!

 So after meaning to get back down here for nearly a year I am finally back in Ha Long Bay, Vietnam!

I have come back down here do get a few things done - bolt new routes, help out my buddy Slo at Slopony Adventures while they are busy with guiding work... and go deep water soloing.

My friend Jen and I headed off from Yangshuo a week ago, trained it to Nanning then bussed to Hanoi. We stayed with my good friends Linh and Mandy for a night, ate great food and drank amazing coffee then headed out to Ha Long Bay the next morning. We have spent the last 4 days mostly out in Lan Ha Bay guiding deep water soloing, kayaking, rock climbing on the beaches and swimming as well as 1 morning guiding climbing out in Butterfly Valley.

Today is a day off and we are going to climb on a wall right next to our apartment and see if we can't find a project or two each... psyched! Tomorrow might be climbing out at Butterfly Valley then back to the bay the day after that to start scoping out then bolting a new wall on an island out there.

Oh, and we got a Minsk yeaterday haha. A crazy Russian motorbike for cuising the island. It's a little hectic and exciting, so fun haha

I'll keep you all updated as much as possible, but for now here are a few pics









This is the sunrise view from our apartment window... amazing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your website is very beautiful or Articles. I love it thank you for sharing for everyone. Boulder Physiotherapy