Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Guangzhuo or bust!

15.05.09

Yay! I finally have a new laptop! I just bought a nice little 'Acer AspireOne' as well as a new 35mm f/1.8 lens for my camera... bit of a splurge day today. Although a laptop and a new lens cost me less than $600 Aus... god bless Asian prices! haha
I left Yangshuo yesterday and it was a sad day as I really like the place and it was hard to say goodbye to my friends, but with an injured shoulder (minor tear in part of my rotator cuff of my left shoudler that should take a month or so to heal as I have caught it early) I couldn't hang around. I have come to see some friends on Guangzhuo for a week then head off to Nepal for a month or two of trekking in the Himalayas which will be amazing I am sure!
I caught the overnight sleeper bus down here and when I arrived at Kaare and Angie's apartment who should stick their head out the door just as I walk around the corner at 6.30am but Colin! He came here after hitch hiking here from Yangshuo which is a mighty coincidence haha, serendipity.
So, things are all go, new toys to play with, tickets for Nepal to arrange and loads of fun to be had, expect some more pics and blogging from me now for sure!!!


18.05.09

Guangzhuo. Day four. Having a ball just chillin with my friends here. Watching movies, taking photo's, eating great food, enjoying great company and generally relaxing.
I went to the photography markets with Kaare today. Was such an effort not to just go crazy and buy loads of new toys. I would really like a remote flash set up but I stayed strong and left my wallet in my pocket. But I did get a nice little soft case for my spare lenses and a cleaning brush :)
I have a ticket sorted out for a flight from Guangzhuo to Kathmandu on the 22nd of May, this friday, so I have the week to just chill here with the guys and gals before heading up the Himalayas for some sweet high altitude shenanigans. Cheddar. Ace Cheddar.


19.05.09

Not much more to say at the moment except that I have found a way to get around the "Great Firewall of China" to actually post on my blog except that it wont let me upload pics, just text. Shame, because I have some great pics with my new lens to share.. Oh well, I will get them up on facebook and get them up here when I can!

No comments: