Saturday, May 23, 2009

Namaste Bitches!

22.05.09

From my first hectic, eye opening days in Hong Kong, to my relaxing yet shenanigan filled final days in Guangzhou and the pure majestic awesomeness that was Yangshuo in the middle, China has been amazing, and it is with a content smile that I am now sitting on a plane bound for Kathmandu, Nepal.
China dealt me a few blows. Namely being robbed of my laptop, phone and money and of course my shoulder injury. But despite these set backs I have loved China and will definitely be coming back one day!
Now it is onwards and upwards, quite literally. Next week sometime I should be heading out on my first trek into the Himalayas, most likely out of Pokhara. I will spend a few days in Kathmandu, then head to Pokhara to meet up with a friend, then head out on one of the treks from there at the end of the week sometime.
Psyched!

23.05.09

11pm. Thamel, Kathmandu.
So I have landed in Nepal and after some haggling with taxi drivers and hotel goons I got myself from the airport and into Thamel, the main tourist hub of Kathmandu, and into a comfy hotel room at a good price.
Driving through late night Kathmandu was eye opening to say the least. Rough roads, dogs, traffic, rats the size of shetland ponies, drunk tourists and more lady boys than most of Thailand combined! I was expecting crazy and crazy I got. Keen as mustard to get out into the city and explore tomorrow but for tonight it is a cold beer and some sleep.

No comments: